All of the following free clinics are being offered at Brewer Physical Therapy and Spine Clinic, located at 51 Main Road in Holden, and will be directed by Licensed Physical Therapist Anne Knowles, the only therapist in the Bangor area certified by the Mckenzie Institute in Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment. Please call 989-4122 to reserve your seat in one or more clinics.
Free Clinic: Understanding and Managing Neck and Shoulder Pain
Date: November 13th 2013
Time: 5:30 pm
Location: Brewer Physical Therapy
Brewer Physical Therapy invites you to attend a free clinical workshop at 51 Main Road in Holden. Join us for a session of informative discussion, education, and exercise aimed at decreasing or preventing neck and/or shoulder pain---free of charge! Whether occasional or chronic, anyone who suffers from neck or shoulder pain is welcome to attend. The clinic will cover helpful topics such as:
- The anatomy of the neck and shoulder
- Common causes of neck and/or shoulder pain and how they can be related
- The difference between muscle strain, bulging discs, arthritis, and stenosis, four common neck complaints
- The difference between tendonitis, bursitis, and arthritis in the shoulder
- Simple exercises to relieve discomfort
- When to use heat or ice
- What to look for in a pillow
***Free 10 minute neck and shoulder chair massage***
This FREE session will be directed by Licensed Physical Therapist Anne Knowles, the only therapist in the Bangor area certified by the McKenzie Institute in Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment. Call us at 989-4122 to reserve your seat today.